If you are planning to visit or migrate to Australia, you have made a good choice as the area has a lot to offer to visitors regardless of the nature of their trip. The region is well known for providing a high quality of life to its citizens, having great education and career opportunities, warm and friendly citizens, a pleasant weather, rich culture, beautiful and unique landscape, and a long list of many other attractive and desirable qualities. Whatever your reason for going to Australia, it is mandatory that you secure a valid Australian visa as it is the only way you will be allowed entry into any part of the region. Australia’s visa system is pretty simple and requires a few basic requirements and documents. All Australian visa requirements are clearly spelled out and depend on the various visa categories, which include business, study, medical, family, work, and holiday visas. The categories are further divided into various sub-classes all of which have individual requirements and process of application and approval. Understanding all the available visa categories can help you identify the most suitable visa type for you. Below is a brief look at the different types of visas in Australia and some useful Australia travel information and tips.
Various Visa Options In Australia
Whether you want to go to Australia to study, visit family/friends, work, or tour the area, it is possible to find a visa that is ideal for your specific situation owing to the vast options offered by Australia. The various Australian visa types have different requirements, obligations, and process of application. Therefore, make sure to consult a skilled Australian migration agent to help you choose a suitable visa option as well as advice you on whatever specifications are required to gain the said visa.
Australia has many industries that are experiencing skill shortages. For this reason, the region has created a skilled migration program, which extends job opportunities to skilled overseas workers who may wish to work in Australian companies. Competent professionals who meet the criteria set for skilled immigration to Australia are granted a skilled migration visa, which allows them to work and reside in Australia. This visa type comes in two sub-categories; skilled independent and skilled nominated visas. Both allow a visa holder to work and live anywhere in Australia.
Employer sponsored visas are ideal for individuals invited to work in Australia by eligible Australian employers who are willing to provide sponsorship. For a non-Australian worker to be granted this type of visa the employer must be recognized as a sponsor and the type of job being offered must be within the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL). Only after both the employer and future employee have met all the necessary requirements, can the employer begin with the Australian visa application process for employer-sponsored visas. Aside from being simple, the process is also quicker than most visa type application processes as employer sponsored visas have a high priority for processing.
A great number of young people worldwide travel to Australia to study as the region has an excellent education system, which offers learning opportunities to individuals of all age groups and levels of learning. Students, who have successfully enrolled for a course in a recognized Australian educational institution and wish to live in Australia during the duration of their study, can be granted a student visa. Alternatively, professionals wishing to undertake work based training for the purpose of career advancement can also be given a special student training visa. Student visas are temporary and only last for as long as the course being taken. The visas come in many sub-categories all of which have their own special requirements. The most suitable student visa type mainly depends on the course being taken and the Australian state one intends to study.
The various options available for family visa for Australia include:
- Partner Visa: Partner visas are for people who are in a relationship with an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia. In order to be issued with a partner visa, the couple involved must prove to the Department of Immigration that the relationship is ongoing, genuine, and not one borne out of mere convenience. Partner visas come in two broad types, Prospective Marriage Visa for engaged couples, and Spouse/defacto Visa for married couples or ones living together.
- Child Visa: Child visas are granted to birth children, adopted children, or stepchildren of an individual who holds a permanent resident visa or is a citizen of Australia. Orphaned children can also be granted an Australian child visa provided they have a sponsor who is a permanent resident or citizen of the area. To qualify for a child visa, the child in question must be under the age of 18.
- Parent Visa: This visa can only be granted to parents of a child who is an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or is an eligible New Zealand citizen residing in Australia. With the parent visa, the child is the sponsor and is therefore the one who requests for a visa application invitation from the relevant department of immigration. For the visa to be granted, the sponsor must have legally settled in Australia for at least 2 years prior to the application lodge.
The investor retirement visa is a temporary visa given to independent retirees who want to live in Australia during their final years. The holder of this visa has the freedom of migrating to Australia with their spouse; however, you must not have any dependents. To qualify for the retirement visa Australia, an individual must:
- Be above the age of 55.
- have no dependents (other than a partner, if any)
- Meet the stipulated income requirements.
- Be capable of making a significant long-term financial investment in Australia.
This visa type is ideal for individuals who travel to Australia to spend a holiday, visit with family or friends, tour the region, or spend a short time in Australia for any social or recreational reasons. People wishing to visit Australia as tourists have several tourist visa options, some of which include sponsored family visitor, eVisitor, and Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visitor visas.
Normally valid for a period of 1 year, the working holiday visa is designed for young people aged over 18 and below 31. The visa aims at encouraging cultural exchange and closer ties between associate states by allowing young individuals to have a long holiday coupled with the possibility of getting short-term employment. The holder of a working holiday visa is allowed to tour Australia for 12 months and work as much or as little as he or she wants. However, the visa holder is not allowed to work for one employer for longer than 6 months. Qualifications for this visa include:
- are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
- do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia
- have a passport from an eligible country.
Why Choose MoveMigration
When moving or traveling to Australia, it is wise to hire the services of competent immigration agent. A great number of eligible individuals have gotten their visa application rejected simply because they did not hire a migration agent. Therefore, make the intelligent choice and hire MoveMigration to help with your upcoming trip to the wonderful continent of Australia. This site will provide you with a skilled agent who will help increase the chances of having your visa approved by making sure that all of your Australian visa application forms are properly prepared and submitted within the allowable deadline.
The great thing about hiring MoveMigration to help with your visa application is that you will enjoy a hassle free visa application experience. This is because your assigned agent will assist you with everything pertaining to your visa request from helping you get the very best available visa type to finalizing all the requirements for your chosen visa option.
Another benefit of hiring the services of MoveMigration is the immense wealth of immigration information you stand to gain. Every migration agent of this immigration service provider has updated immigration tips and information, which they will convey to you throughout the entire visa application process. With this information, you can significantly increase your visa processing time by being able to avoid problems or delays.
Please order an contact us to find out which visa to apply for.